Compounding medication is the age-old practice of preparing customized medications to fit the needs of each individual. There are two main types of compounding: Sterile and Non-Sterile.
- Sterile Compounding. Sterile compounding is commonly used when preparing medications that require sterility due to a risk of infection. This risk refers to their method of administration (i.e. intravenous medications, injections, and eye drops). These medications need to be prepared carefully since even a trace of bacteria present during preparation can have a negative impact on a patient’s life.
- Non-Sterile Compounding. Non-sterile compounding is the most common type of compounding method. The name can be misleading, but please know that this process involves medication compounded in an entirely sterile environment with its own strict guidelines. It follows strict guidelines regarding accurate mixing, labeling, packaging, purity, and storage.
With our compounding service at Infusion Services & Specialty Pharmacy, we can prepare:
- Flavored Medications
- Custom-made dosage or strength
- Removal of Unwanted Inactive Ingredients
- Veterinary Medications
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- Pain Management Compounding
- And more
Contact us at 817-453-5022 for more information. If you would like to personally talk to one of our pharmacists regarding your compounding needs, you can Schedule a Consultation now.